Nice collection! Welcome to the forum.
Another new guy here that loves the old Altec sound. In my collection so far is a set of A-7 500s that i put together recently, components are, 515B woofers, 802-8A drivers, 811B horns, and N-801 XOs. second set is a nice pair of 878A Santiagos purchased from the original owner. And last a pair of model 15s. All being powered with a couple vintage Mcintosh systems, A MX-110 PRE and a MC-2505 AMP, 2nd A MX-115 PRE, and a MC-250 here's a couple pics. Im glad i found this forum, lots of great info here.
Nice collection! Welcome to the forum.
Ever notice how well walnut and blue go together?![]()
Not all vegetables make good leaders.
Wow--great collection! Do you play all 6 speakers at once?
Me for sure! I like it much better than the stock crossover. But a better passive could also be built.
You may want to see my thread:
http://www.hostboard.com/forums/alte...s-journey.html
The A7-500s I bought did not sound good to me at all - stock. Not my taste in tonal balance at all. Some of the was due to the stock crossover, some to the symbiotic 'frams, some to the port tuning of the box. For home use, these can all be vastly improved on.
Thanks for the link, I have heard the 19 and A-7 side by side, and i still prefer the A-7. To me its the speaker that says (HERE I AM FELLAS) LOL i ORIGINALLY INTENDED TO USE THE BEHRINGER CX3400 on this 2nd pair butt i have heard too many bad things about the behringer so im definitely interested in a diy active When i put these things together, everything is rebuilt, drivers have new cone kits and diaghphrams and xo is rebuilt also. I like the sound of the 1st set crossed at 800 using the mac gear but would like to improve on bottom end. The 2nd set using the 416As and 802s crossed at 500 should give me more bottom end but would like to see what an active can do. so I will follow along. again, Thanks for the info and the link
Bookmarks